Document number: 23330893
Release: May 21, 2015 16:34
Document version: 2
|This document has sections that require an Apple MFi membership|
If you have a connectBlue MFi member login please login with your user name and password by clicking the login/logout button available in the menu next to the search field at the top of this page.
If you are an MFi member but do not have have a connectBlue MFi member login please contact email@example.com to gain access.
For information on how to become an Apple MFi member please visit https://developer.apple.com/programs/mfi/
You are currently not logged in as MFi member and some sections are thus hidden
This document describes the support for Classic Bluetooth connections between a u-blox OBS421 module and an iOS device, i.e. Apple iPhone / iPad / iPod touch.
Table of Content
- The Bluetooth Serial Port Adapter Compatibility iPhone, iPad and iPod Ver 2, this document, describes how the Serial Port Adapter supports communication with the iPhone, iPad and iPod using iAP1/iAP2 over Bluetooth.
- The Bluetooth Serial Port Adapter AT Commands document contains a short introduction to the concepts of the Serial Port Adapter as well as a description of the AT commands supported.
- The Serial Port Adapter - Extended Data Mode document describes the extended data mode, which is an extension of the Wireless Multidrop approach and it allows the user to individually control each active link.
- The Bluetooth Serial Port Adapter Toolbox - Getting Started document shortly describes how to use the toolbox to configure the Bluetooth serial port adapter.
- The cB-OBS421 Electrical Mechanical Data Sheet contains important information about the OBS421 Serial Port Adapter.
- The Apple Made For iPod program (MFi) web site contains information and application forms for the Apple MFi program.
The iPhone/iPad/iPod touch does not support the standard Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). Instead iAP1/iAP2 over Bluetooth is supported. Therefore u-blox has implemented some special commands, functionality and hardware to also support iAP1/iAP2 over Bluetooth.
For complete contact information visit us at www.u-blox.com.
North, Central and South America
Asia, Australia, Pacific
u-blox America, Inc.
Regional Office West Coast:
Phone: +41 44 722 74 44